Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Mountain View, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
We are looking for a passionate, self-motivated infrastructure engineer. The successful candidate will be part of a talented team of engineers demonstrating superb technical competency. The goal of the infrastructure team is to continuously evolve and improve Castlight's Jiff SaaS development and delivery process by leveraging and developing bleeding edge technologies.
The candidate must have strong, real-world experience building resilient, scalable architecture, troubleshooting various back-end technologies.
What you will be doing:
- Architect and implement solutions which maximize system availability and performance via clustering and fault-tolerance.
- Build, manage and support – highly available, secure and scalable - production infrastructure
- Evaluate new technologies and make recommendations to improve availability, reliability and performance of the systems
- Good experience using Docker
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in AWS
- Solid scripting skills (e.g. Shell scripts, Ruby, Python)
- Experience using Java, Maven and Artifactory
- Experience using either Kubernetes, Swarm or Mesos
- Experience using Jenkins, RabbitMQ and Redis
- Experience with configuration management tools (Ansible / Chef / Puppet)
- Late Startup experience
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.