Senior Front-end Engineer
Mountain View, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
Based out of Mountain View, we're looking for a well-rounded Frontend Engineer who is interested in delivering snappy, well designed, intuitive interfaces using modern web technologies. Our platform interacts with multitude of health/fitness devices and apps real time data streams. This is an opportunity to be part of a promising early-stage startup in the exciting digital health/fitness space and to drive a new generation health/fitness platform architecture. If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
What you'll be doing:
- Build responsive front-ends that work on all modern desktop and mobile browsers
- Identify, build and maintain components that can be used across our products and customers.
- Analyze and evolve components to scale and address new requirements
- With the QA team, jointly develop strategies for automating testing across multiple platforms.
- Strong academic background in Computer Science
- Experience with RESTful APIs
- Proficient with development tools for the creating and debugging web-based applications
- Team player in a flat-structured, highly-collaborative, agile environment is a must
- Experience with AngularJS, D3
- Experience with Cordova for hybrid application development on Android
- Experience with web development for large consumer site
- Experience with back-end development (Node.js or Ruby on Rails)
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.