Senior Java Platform Engineer
Mountain View, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
We're looking for a top caliber architect with experience in building a data platform from ground up at Internet scale. Castlight's Jiff platform interacts with multitude of health/fitness devices and apps real time data streams. The ideal candidate will have top-notch software architecture and development skills, and preferably has experience working on early stage consumer service platforms. This is an opportunity to be part of a promising early stage startup in the exciting digital health/fitness space and to drive new generation health/fitness platform architecture. If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
What you will be doing:
- Designing, developing and implementing high performance, scalable distributed web applications using Java J2EE and Spring framework.
- Designing and developing REST API and integration points for various platform services.
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Enhancing our database and file storage tier using proven methodologies to achieve horizontal scale
- Individual must demonstrate ability to lead/influence positive change/results in all areas of software development amongst a talented team of engineers.
- Builds strong relationships across the technical organization to better leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Understands complex systems and complex requirements and formulates optimal designs to meet current and future needs that align with Enterprise Architecture.
- Mentorship of engineers.
- 5+ years of experience in programming skills in Java/Java EE, shell scripts.
- Strong SQL skills (complex queries) and experience in Data Modeling and RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle).
- Experience in analysis, design, development and implementation of large scale products and Java/J2EE projects.
- Experience with designing, developing, and delivering solutions using Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and REST based API.
- Experience with spring framework & MVC experience is required.
- Experience with Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience with cloud environment such as AWS.
- Experience in NoSQL such as Mongo DB is a must, Cassandra would be good to have.
- Strong knowledge of key data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent teamwork and communication.
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.