Data Quality Engineer
San Francisco, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
As a Data Quality Engineer at Castlight, you will design and execute the testing strategy for our core data services team. You will be responsible for creating, evaluating, and maintaining test plans and test cases for the current and upcoming projects. The position requires working directly with development teams, product managers, and data analysts. You will contribute to our existing automation testing framework. The ideal candidate will have a passion for data and strong systems and infrastructure knowledge. Even better if you have experience testing products that are built using data science techniques such as machine learning and complex analytics.
- Minimum three (3) years experience as a quality assurance engineer in the capacity of a data testing automation engineer
- BS degree in computer science or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered), or equivalent work experience.
- Must have extensive knowledge developing automated test scripts using SQL supporting the testing of ETL, data migration or data warehouse
- Experience with ETL testing tools (e.g. Informatica)
- Experience with test case development, test plan development, requirements traceability matrices, data mapping, and defect management
- Agile testing experience
- Experience testing under Linux and knowledge of programming language such as Python or Bash
- Experience in REST API testing
- Familiarity with data science techniques
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.