Product Manager, Web & Content Technology
San Francisco, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
We’re looking for a Product Manager that will be responsible for the internal content management features and tools that allow us to deliver value to end users through our content. This includes in-product content as well as ungated sites.
You will work directly with the Product Content Lead, a dedicated developer, as well members of the UX team, Product team, User Marketing team, and Engineering team. This role requires a “roll-up your sleeves” attitude and experience with best practices for content management.
- Partner with the Product Content lead to establish strategy and roadmap for the tools and technologies necessary to create and manage in-app content for mobile and web.
- Articulate business and technical requirements for Castlight’s WordPress-based content management system and other internal content tools.
- Develop a scalable content management architecture that supports business requirements
- Work with engineers and other product managers to manage the development process, make prioritization decisions, and resolve issues.
- Enable and evolve our capabilities to deliver web content, blog posts, interactive elements, and other end user content assets for Castlight’s browser and mobile app experience.
- Execute basic WordPress admin work when necessary (e.g. modify content templates and create new templates when necessary)
- Execute on our day-to-day web marketing needs on ungated sites, including building and launching pages, re-architecting portions of our site, and maintaining (or deprecating) pages managing across teams, including: design, developers, testing, analytics, and SEO
- Initiate and manage cross team, department, and/or stakeholder collaboration and work
- 4+ years product management experience and/or content management experience, ideally at a high tech company that offers content as part of its value proposition
- Previous experience working with content management systems in a high tech environment
- Experience working with engineering teams to implement technical solutions, especially using the Agile methodology
- Strong understanding of requirements for successful content management strategies
- Knowledge of CMS technologies ( e.g. WordPress, Drupal), the use of plugins, and working with WordPress REST API
- Familiarity with analytics tools, including Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Mixpanel, etc.
- Experience working with HTML and CSS
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines with minimal guidance
- Strong Product Management fundamentals: writing detailed user stories, maintaining a backlog and setting clear goals that are shared throughout the organization
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
- A deep understanding of software design, data structures, APIs, etc.
- Experience working with JIRA
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.