Senior Engineering Manager
Mountain View, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
Castlight’s Engineering team is searching for an Engineering Manager who has strong technical skills. The candidate should be able to ensure that his team is delivering well-engineered solutions in a collaborative and trusting environment. Person needs to be able to foster mutual trust and respect from his team. What we need from you is the dedication to help provide an environment where the engineers on the team feel that this is the most rewarding professional experience of their career.
- 5+ years experience as an Engineering Manager managing a team of at least 5 software engineers.
- Great people skills, especially when it comes to influencing peers and people across teams.
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer prior to being a manager using current software engineering best practices.
- Experience in Java and Ruby technology stack with strong preference for Java.
- Deep technical and architectural skills, so you can guide the team and oversee the amazing work they are doing.
- Experience and passion for Agile development methodologies, test-driven development, continuous integration/continuous delivery, and automated testing.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and committed to driving large projects to completion in a SaaS environment.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Hiring, developing and retaining top talent and be responsible for the overall team structure.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Manage competing priorities.
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.