Full Stack Lead Engineer
San Francisco, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
We're looking for an engineer who can bring Java technologies to a team full of smart Rails developers. Castlight's configuration platform interacts with multitude of health/fitness devices/apps and real time data streams. The ideal candidate will be a team player and a mentor with software architecture and development skills. If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
What you will be doing:
- Designing, developing and implementing high performance, scalable distributed web applications using Java J2EE and Spring framework.
- Designing and developing REST API and integration points for various platform services.
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Enhancing our database using proven methodologies to achieve horizontal scale
- Demonstrate ability to lead/influence positive change/results in all areas of software development amongst a talented team of engineers.
- Building strong relationships across the technical organization to better leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Understand complex systems and requirements and formulate optimal designs to meet current and future needs.
- Mentor engineers in San Francisco and India
- Communicate with cross functional teams and share concepts with developers
- Java,Java EE/Spring, Spring Cloud
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails (helps navigate existing systems)
- Strong SQL skills and experience in Data Modeling and RDBMS (MySQL).
- Experience in Mongo DB.
Software Engineering skills:
- Designing, developing, and delivering solutions using Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and REST based API.
- Analysis, design, development and implementation of large scale products and Java/J2EE projects.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of key data structures and algorithms.
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.