Senior Manager, Engineering
San Francisco, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
Castlight’s Engineering team is searching for an experienced, technical Engineering Manager to lead the engineers who are building and supporting Castlight's web application and SOA services. The candidate should be able to ensure that the team is delivering well-engineered solutions in a collaborative environment, and must be able to foster mutual trust and respect from their team.Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager managing a team of at least five software engineers
- Great people skills, especially in influencing peers and people in other groups
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer prior to being a manager using methodologies like Agile and Scrum
- Solid experience with Java and Service oriented Architectures. Experience with Angular JS is a plus.
- Experience as a champion of automated testing, continuous integration, and automated deploys
- Deep technical and architectural skills to guide the development of SOA services and applications using those services.
- A proven track record of delivering large projects to production on time, preferably in a SAAS/PAAS environment
- The right balance of perfectionism and pragmatism – we need to build things right, and we need to build them fast, and you will be a strong voice in these kinds of decisions
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.