Financial Reporting & Technical Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA US
At Castlight, our mission is to empower people to make the best choices for their health and to help companies make the most of their health benefits. We offer a health benefits platform that engages employees to make better healthcare decisions and can guide them to the right program, care, and provider. The platform also enables benefit leaders to communicate and measure their programs while driving employee engagement with targeted, relevant communications.
We are seeking an ambitious, high-energy individual to be part of its high performance finance team and contribute to the success of a growing company. The ideal candidate must have strong motivation to take on challenges and a dynamic role to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and expertise in technical concepts of accounting.
The Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting manger will be responsible for the company’s Internal and external reporting process, including compliance with SEC and SOX requirements.
- Preparation of SEC filings including 10-K, 10-Q and 8-Ks in addition to XBRL requirements, press releases, and audit committee packages
- Ensure compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide U.S. GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memos
- Assist and drive implementation, improvement and documentation of effective internal control, including financial reporting and disclosure controls and related compliance activities, including section 404 and 302 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”)
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting analytical commentary, including compilation of financial data for reporting packages
- Support quarterly FAS 123R calculations
- Responsible for researching and analyzing technical accounting issues and their application to internal and external reporting and US GAAP compliance. Summarize the resulting analysis and conclusion for both executive review and to record in the general ledger
- Develop, update and document business processes in order to strengthen internal controls
- Assist in preparation of internal and external schedules and documentation to facilitate annual audit and tax filings
- Assist with other special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required
- Minimum 4-6 years experience (at least 2 years of experience at Big 4 public accounting firm preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in SEC reporting and accounting research.
- Proven track record managing complex projects and or programs
- Proven experience with ensuring data quality
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite Financials, Workiva and Intelligize strongly preferred
We are Castlight and we are…
* Changing healthcare is a team sport
* Teamwork requires respect
* Direct feedback is a gift that improves us
* Diversity makes us stronger
* We take care of ourselves and each other=
ON A MISSION
* We put our mission first
* We are here to transform healthcare
* We tackle complex problems with curiosity, passion, and ambition
* We bring our best every day
* We learn and grow together
MAKING THINGS HAPPEN
* Done well is better than perfect
* We move fast to accelerate execution and learning
* We are empowered to take action
* We own the outcome
* We win together
Castlight Health provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Castlight Health will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.