SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Manager
San Francisco, CA US
We are seeking an ambitious, high-energy individual to be part of its high performance finance team and contribute to the success of a growing company. The ideal candidate must have strong motivation to take on challenges and a dynamic role to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and expertise in technical concepts of accounting.
The Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting manger will be responsible for the company’s Internal and external reporting process, including compliance with SEC and SOX requirements.
- Preparation of SEC filings including 10-K, 10-Q and 8-Ks in addition to XBRL requirements, press releases, and audit committee packages
- Ensure compliance with evolving accounting guidance, provide U.S. GAAP interpretation and prepare technical memos
- Assist and drive implementation, improvement and documentation of effective internal control, including financial reporting and disclosure controls and related compliance activities, including section 404 and 302 of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (“SOX”)
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and supporting analytical commentary, including compilation of financial data for reporting packages
- Support quarterly FAS 123R calculations
- Responsible for researching and analyzing technical accounting issues and their application to internal and external reporting and US GAAP compliance. Summarize the resulting analysis and conclusion for both executive review and to record in the general ledger
- Develop, update and document business processes in order to strengthen internal controls
- Assist in preparation of internal and external schedules and documentation to facilitate annual audit and tax filings
- Assist with other special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA required
- Minimum 4-6 years experience (at least 2 years of experience at Big 4 public accounting firm preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in SEC reporting and accounting research.
- Proven track record managing complex projects and or programs
- Proven experience with ensuring data quality
- Ability to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Technology industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of NetSuite Financials, Workiva and Intelligize strongly preferred