Req # 100990
Customer Support Tier 3 Analyst
San Francisco, CA US
Employee: Full Time Employee
The Tier 3 Support Analyst is responsible for managing multiple customer issues interactively. They will need to use their analytical skills to identify and drive resolution of a wide range of system, data and process issues impacting the user’s experience. The candidate will be expected to plan, track & report on key activities, risks, and status. As a team member they will be responsible for proactively identifying, sharing and escalating issues.
This individual is expected to work independently, be well organized, and self manage their workload and deliverables. This role will require working with vendors and third parties to resolve issue that have been delegated to them. They will work with limited oversight and require little help to complete their tasks. They will develop application expertise where they will draw upon their knowledge and experience to solve problems.
In addition to their technical proficiency, the candidate is expected to have excellent English writing skills where they will document their findings for each case, provide clear succinct direction to support teams, knowledge base entries, and generate summary communications to customer facing staff such that they can convey the technical content to a non technical audience. The candidate will be expected to contribute to requirements, process and programing documentation.
This role requires the candidate to fully understand the Customer Support function. They will participate on cross-functional teams as the Customer Technical Support representative. In this capacity they will interact with Business Operations, Support Teams, Sales, Partner Management, Product, Engineering, Data Management and QA. They will be expected to facilitate handoff meetings for support transitions to/from Customer Service / Tier 3 Support with other teams.
This role requires the candidate to become proficient in understanding the Jiff and Castlight products, and how to explain them to customers. They will be compliant with company policies when handling sensitive information. They will use Support processes to ensure reliability and quality across all their projects. They will understand upstream and downstream processes that influence support.
The successful Tier 3 Analyst will:
- Independently assess and resolve customer issues with high quality work
- Be curious, inquisitive, and thoughtful about understanding issue root causes
- Communicate effectively with internal and external audiences
- Deliver standard customer communications
- Contribute to team initiatives
- Support other team members
- Seek to understand customer needs
- Proactively build product knowledge
- Share new insights with team members
- Voice opinion and ensures point of view is heard
- Give notification of potential missing deliverables
- Meet deadlines and expectations without oversight
- Requires little day to day supervision to deliver projects
- Bachelor’s degree in an analytical, science or technical discipline
- 3-5 years of experience with SQL scripting language
- 4-6 years experience in customer technical support role
- Direct experience with vendor management
- Experience with ticketing/CRM software (Salesforce, JIRA, ServiceNow)
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of multi tiered system architecture
- Experience with data integration systems, web, and mobile technologies
- Relevant experience with Consumer Incentive Programs
- Relevant experience in Health Care, Health Data, or Insurance Industries
- Relevant experience with Human Resource Benefit Management Systems
- Exposure/familiar with another programming language (ex. Python, Ruby, Shell)
- Technical exposure to web services, APIs and/or EDI services
- Masters degree in an analytical or technical discipline