Senior Manager, Engineering
Mountain View, CA US
Castlight’s Engineering team is searching for an Engineering Manager who has strong technical skills. The candidate should be able to ensure that his team is delivering well-engineered solutions in a collaborative and trusting environment. Person needs to be able to foster mutual trust and respect from his team. What we need from you is the dedication to help provide an environment where the engineers on the team feel that this is the most rewarding professional experience of their career.
- Lead a team of talented engineers who like to ship code and tackle hard engineering problems.
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members. Help develop their careers, and assign them to projects tailored to their skill levels, personalities, work styles, and professional goals.
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of your team members.
- Hiring, developing and retaining top talent and be responsible for the overall team structure.
- Work with your engineers and/or product managers to maintain a prioritized backlog and create short term and long term goals.
- Guide decisions on architecture and technical strategy.
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes.
- Manage competing priorities.
- 3+ years experience as an Engineering Manager managing a team of at least 5 software engineers.
- Great people skills, especially when it comes to influencing peers and people across teams.
- 5+ years of experience working as a software engineer prior to being a manager using current software engineering best practices.
- Good understanding of the Java and Ruby technology stack.
- Deep technical and architectural skills, so you can guide the team and oversee the amazing work they are doing.
- Experience and passion for Agile/Scrum development methodologies in cross-functional teams, test-driven development, continuous integration/continuous delivery, and automated testing.
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and committed to driving large projects to completion in a SaaS environment.
- Highly organized and demonstrated ability to balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects and shipping things quickly.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.