Req # 101010
Health Plan Development Manager
San Francisco, CA US
Employee: Full Time Employee
Castlight is in need of a strategic and execution-driven individual to manage and expand its partnerships with strategic data partners, including: national and regional health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), dental carriers, and behavioral health carriers.
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in managing complex partnerships and vendor relationships, developing partnership strategies, evaluating potential partners, negotiating, and nurturing such relationships. The Plan Development Manager will report to the Director of Plan & Corporate Development.
- Manage Castlight’s relationships with key data partners to ensure mutual success, including problem-solving on day-to-day customer and partner issues, leading weekly calls and Quarterly Business Reviews with Castlight and partner leadership, and expanding partnerships in line with new Castlight products or priorities
- Manage contractual obligations, and advise internal stakeholders on partnership obligations and guardrails
- Track and report on progress of partner-related business goals
- Liaise closely with Partner Manager team to provide strategic guidance around partner relationship and support on customer escalations
- Drive Castlight’s data partner strategy including mapping the partner landscape and prioritizing potential partners
- In partnership with Castlight legal team, lead discussions to negotiate business terms of contracts with key data partners and other product/channel partners
- Interface closely with the Sales, Operations and Product teams to ensure successful management and execution of partnerships
- Be the face of Castlight to the partner, and serve as an internal representative for the partner within Castlight
- This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA corporate office.
- Approximately 20% travel may be required.
- 4+ years of strategic business development, strategy, M&A, account management, or customer success experience, preferably in the health care or health benefits space
- Vendor/partner contracting and negotiation skills preferred
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with distinction in driving discussions with senior executives internally to Castlight Health and across partner organizations
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams both internally and externally to manage and implement complex partnerships
- Prior work experience in the healthcare industry, ideally with deep understanding of the health plan, health benefits or health IT landscape
- Experience in presenting messages to internal and external audiences, reviewing and consulting agreements, and maintaining rapport with partners.
- Experience in leading operational and strategic initiatives across internal and external groups
- Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills
- Excellent business judgment
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, project management, and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to successfully project manage & multi-task
- Sales ability / persuasiveness