Req # 101122
Senior Java Platform Engineer
Mountain View, CA US
Employee: Full Time Employee
We're looking for a top caliber engineer with experience in building a data platform from ground up at Internet scale. Castlight's Jiff platform interacts with multitude of health/fitness devices and apps real time data streams. The ideal candidate will have top-notch software architecture and development skills, and preferably has experience working on early stage consumer service platforms. This is an opportunity to be part of a promising early stage startup in the exciting digital health/fitness space and to drive new generation health/fitness platform architecture. If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
What you will be doing:
- Designing, developing and implementing high performance, scalable distributed web applications using Java J2EE and Spring framework.
- Designing and developing REST API and integration points for various platform services.
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Enhancing our database and file storage tier using proven methodologies to achieve horizontal scale
- Individual must demonstrate ability to lead/influence positive change/results in all areas of software development amongst a talented team of engineers.
- Builds strong relationships across the technical organization to better leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Understands complex systems and complex requirements and formulates optimal designs to meet current and future needs that align with Enterprise Architecture.
- Mentorship of engineers.
- 5+ years of experience in programming skills in Java/Java EE, shell scripts.
- Strong SQL skills (complex queries) and experience in Data Modeling and RDBMS (MySQL, Oracle).
- Experience in analysis, design, development and implementation of large scale products and Java/J2EE projects.
- Experience with designing, developing, and delivering solutions using Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and REST based API.
- Experience with spring framework & MVC experience is required.
- Experience with Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Experience with cloud environment such as AWS.
- Experience in NoSQL such as Mongo DB is a must, Cassandra would be good to have.
- Strong knowledge of key data structures and algorithms.
- Excellent teamwork and communication.