Req # 101078
Customer Analytics Manager
San Francisco, CA US
Employee: Full Time Employee
Our team is seeking a Customer Analytics Manager who will be responsible for building and delivering analytics and tools to our internal teams and customers to help create a culture of data-driven decision-making. This role is designed to help answer the ‘so what’ type of questions that emerge from Castlight’s broad spectrum of health and behavior-related data. The Manager in this role will define and execute on a strategy to help our internal teams and customers better understand the impact of our products on employee behaviors, health, and medical cost, which will in turn help them make optimal decisions about how to configure and use our products. This position will require both technical analytics skills as well as project and stakeholder management experience.
About the TeamQualifications
Castlight’s Customer Analytics team has a wide scope of work, and is responsible for producing data-driven insights to support each Customer as well as Castlight’s internal Customer Experience teams, such as Customer Success and User Marketing. On a daily basis, you will work across the company to create reporting and analytics deliverables to surprise and delight our many stakeholders. In addition, you will have the opportunity to drive projects across Castlight’s internal teams to build process behind how Castlight uses and learns from data. We’re a fun, quick-moving team, and we’re looking for someone to help us spread our insights across our organization; our goal is to create a data-driven culture within our business.
In this role you will be on the cutting edge of health and wellness-related analytics. As a platform in the healthcare benefits space, Castlight gathers data from each of its partners in numerous categories, including: activity, sleep, nutrition, biometrics, health risk assessment, brain health, pregnancy, weight management, healthcare claims fitness trackers, and more. This creates the opportunity to aggregate data and deliver insights across health data types that no other health space player has. This Manager will report directly to the Customer Analytics Team lead.
- Design and develop business intelligence dashboards to convey the value of our product to Customers, and uncover actionable insights for our internal teams and customers
- Build and manage a backlog of insights-related best practices to influence customer decision-making for their program and engagement strategy
- Shape insights into well-designed deliverables and communicate to stakeholders
- Respond to ad hoc customer reporting requests; help requestor shape questions into something that will product meaningful & actionable data
- Develop and test new reporting concepts with stakeholders, both internal and external
- Drive projects to quantify Castlight’s impact, value & ROI for our customers & the market; help create the ‘story’ of Castlight for our customers
- Develop relationships with some of the world’s largest and most respected employers
Who you are:
- 3+ years work experience in healthcare or related vertical, in data-centric role
- A quantitative whiz who loves data (Excel pro, SQL, Tableau, Python a plus)
- Experience working with medical claims data or projects a plus
- Humble, hungry, and smart. A natural sense of curiosity, and an effective problem solver
- Self-sufficient, ready to roll up your sleeves, and not afraid of ambiguity
- Able to communicate equally effectively between many different types of stakeholders (Fortune 500 customers, engineering leads, and Product Managers)