Req # 101157
Full Stack Lead Engineer
San Francisco, CA US
Employee: Full Time Employee
We're looking for an engineer who can bring Java technologies to a team full of smart Rails developers. Castlight's configuration platform interacts with multitude of health/fitness devices/apps and real time data streams. The ideal candidate will be a team player and a mentor with software architecture and development skills. If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
What you will be doing:
- Designing, developing and implementing high performance, scalable distributed web applications using Java J2EE and Spring framework.
- Designing and developing REST API and integration points for various platform services.
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Enhancing our database using proven methodologies to achieve horizontal scale
- Demonstrate ability to lead/influence positive change/results in all areas of software development amongst a talented team of engineers.
- Building strong relationships across the technical organization to better leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Understand complex systems and requirements and formulate optimal designs to meet current and future needs.
- Mentor engineers in San Francisco and India
- Communicate with cross functional teams and share concepts with developers
- Java,Java EE/Spring, Spring Cloud
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails (helps navigate existing systems)
- Database Skills:
- Strong SQL skills and experience in Data Modeling and RDBMS (MySQL).
- Experience in Mongo DB.
- Software Engineering skills:
- Designing, developing, and delivering solutions using Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and REST based API.
- Analysis, design, development and implementation of large scale products and Java/J2EE projects.
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Strong knowledge of key data structures and algorithms.