Req # 101129
San Francisco, US
Employee: Full Time Employee
We are scaling our proposal team of here at Castlight Health, and are looking for a Proposal Writer. Our team is small yet high achieving, and every team member is critical to Castlight's revenue growth.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for writing with excellent project management skills, a strong background in healthcare and/or the SaaS business, and the ability to understand the complexity of Castlight's market and customer needs. A successful candidate will be excited to help our sales teams create winning bids, and will pitch in on any task big or small, to support and promote our business. We need someone who is skilled in technical writing, as well as very proficient in project management.
- Support proposal response efforts from beginning to end
- Writes, edits, coordinates and project manages logistical aspects of multiple proposals simultaneously
- Act as a guide to SMEs, sales team, and executives to help lead everyone through the proposal process from start to finish
- Help lead strategy discussions and work with SMEs, sales team and executives to develop a winning approach for each opportunity
- Lead and own proposals, following established procedures and using departmental tools to assign, track, coordinate and address all proposal requirements
- Create and edit existing content from Proposal Database and work with SMEs to develop effective, persuasive proposals that comply with all RFP requirements, incorporate win themes, and reflect the team's winning strategy
- Participate in individual and group proposal reviews with senior leadership and other key individuals; incorporate changes and improvements to proposals
- Contribute to department special projects such as reviewing and updating proposal database language, completing ad hoc requests, and help develop departmental documents (style guides, proposal management tools, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of total work experience, including 2+ years of work experience in proposal writing
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with proven project management skills