Req # 101167
Senior Java Engineer
San Francisco, CA US
Employee: Full Time Employee
We're looking for a top caliber engineer with experience in building core platform services from ground up at Internet scale. Our services power Castlight's digital health platform, which brings together products and technologies from multitude of industry partners and vendors. The ideal candidate will have top-notch software architecture and development skills, and has experience working on enterprise software as a service (SaaS) products. This is an opportunity to be part of an industry leader in the exciting digital health/fitness space and to drive new generation health/fitness platform architecture. If you’ve got the right skills and passion, reach out to us!
What you will be doing:
- Designing, developing and implementing high performance, scalable distributed SaaS applications using Java J2EE and Spring framework.
- Designing and developing REST API and integration points for various platform services.
- Bringing in knowledge of industry standard best practices and evolving our technology footprint.
- Championing DevOps culture and agile methodology with strong emphasis on automation, serviceability and software reliability.
- Individual must demonstrate ability to lead/influence positive change/results in all areas of software development amongst a talented team of engineers.
- Builds strong relationships across the technical organization to better leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Understands complex systems and complex requirements and formulates optimal designs to meet current and future needs that align with Enterprise Architecture.
- Mentorship of engineers.
- 7+ years of programming experience in Java (must) and 2+ years of experience in Python (desirable).
- Strong knowledge of key data structures/algorithms and system design fundamentals.
- Experience with spring framework and spring boot experience is required.
- Experience with micro-service architecture, REST based APIs and enterprise SaaS products is required.
- Experience with continuous delivery/deployment pipeline for enterprise SaaS products is desirable.
- Strong SQL skills (complex queries) and experience in Data Modeling and RDBMS (MySQL) is a must.
- Experience with serviceability frameworks for logs/events/metrics of enterprise SaaS products is desirable.
- Experience with distributed architecture using message/event queue such as Kafka would be good to have.
- Experience with NoSQL such as MongoDB or Cassandra would be good to have.
- Experience with Docker and familiarity with Kubernetes is desirable.
- Excellent teamwork and communication.