Req # 101172
Director, Corporate Development
San Francisco, CA US
Employee: Full Time Employee
Director of Corporate Development
This position will be based in our San Francisco, CA corporate office.
Castlight is in need of a strategic and execution-driven individual to help lead Castlight's corporate development function. The responsibilities of this individual will include managing Castlight's partnership efforts with strategic data partners, including: national and regional health plans, pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), dental carriers, and behavioral health providers.
The ideal candidate for this role will have significant experience in developing partnership strategies, evaluating potential partners, negotiating, and ultimately closing transactions. The Director of Corporate Development will report to the Senior Vice President of Corporate Development.
This person will be expected to:
- Drive Castlight's inorganic growth strategy by assessing growth opportunities
- Perform healthcare technology market landscape to assess potential M&A opportunities
- Meet with healthcare technology company executives and perform business diligence on such opportunities
- Drive Castlight's data partner strategy including mapping the partner landscape and prioritizing potential partners
- Lead discussions, negotiate contracts with key data partners, and other product/channel partners
- Manage day-to-day plan partner relationships, including: scheduling quarterly business reviews, serving as escalation point of contact for plan-related issues, and serving as strategic thought partner to unlock full value of plan partner relationships
- Determine integration requirements and negotiate key terms of partnerships
- Interface closely with the Sales, Customer Success, Operations, and Product teams to ensure successful implementation of partnerships
- Must have 8+ years of strategic business development, strategy, M&A, and/or general management (P&L) experience in the health care or health benefits space
- Vendor/partner contracting, negotiation skills, and management experience needed to nurture and grow existing external relationship
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) with distinction in driving discussions with senior executives internally to Castlight Health and across partner organizations
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams both internally and externally to manage and implement complex partnerships
- Prior work experience in the healthcare industry, ideally with deep understanding of the health plan, health benefits or health IT landscape
- Must have M.B.A.
- High impact communication
- Leadership disposition and executive presence
- Business acumen and judgment
- Ability to successfully multi-task
- Ability to handle ambiguity
- Strategic decision making
- Building a successful team
- Driving results
- Cultivating partnerships
- Sales ability / persuasiveness
The Castlight Health Difference
- Dynamic leadership grounded in Mission and Values. Clearly defined goals with routine opportunities for feedback.
- Diverse, team-driven culture that thrives on fun
- Commitment to employee development
- High growth entrepreneurial environment
- A commitment to the greater good: opportunity to participate in and lead community events